This multi-phase, 93,550 SF project includes significant upgrades to address safety and security issues, correct deferred maintenance, and reconfigure the building for modern library programs, services, and resources. This multi-phase renovation project will maintain the integrity of its original designs, making significant changes to provide spaces for current and future library services.
That includes significant structural modification to “open up” the main atrium with lower proﬁle stairs and bridges, to improve wayﬁnding and create a new large event space for
the public to enjoy.
Major scope includes:
- Redesign and relocate the 10,000 SF Children’s Library (Completed)
- Renovation of public restrooms (Completed)
- Modernized elevators
- Deferred building maintenance
- Upgrade to a more efficient heating and air condition system and new plumbing
- Safety and security upgrades
- Addition of an all-gender restroom on the first floor
- Grand hall renovation with relocated, centralized service points
- Construction of additional meeting rooms on the second floor
- New event space that will move out of the basement and onto the first floor
- Large programming space on the first floor with views of Civic Center Park
- Correcting ADA issues
- Installing new pavers and glass guardrails at Acoma Plaza
- Relocating artwork
This project served as a pilot program for the City and County of Denver Workforce Development program. It has a 18% MWBE goal.