HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
GH Phipps has long recognized that maintaining safe job sites is our most important duty. The safety of our employees, of our subcontractors’ employees, and of our clients and their guests is our absolute top priority.
It shows in how we approach the many aspects of this vital element of construction.
We believe that all work must be executed in the safest way and that all employees must receive the training they need in order to do their job safely.
We also believe that safety encompasses the health of our employees, as well as the correct approach to the environment in which we work. Not only does every employee receive regular safety training, but they also receive ongoing training related to the unique aspects of each job. We also know that exceptional owners want to work with contractors who have exceptional safety records, which are indicative of a company’s dedication to controlling quality and costs by providing a productive atmosphere through a safe working environment. Our proactive safety training and new hire orientation programs also increase effectiveness and morale.
All field supervisors are CPR and First-Aid Certified. Safety instructions and rules of conduct are written into each subcontract, and our safety requirements are reviewed with each subcontractor prior to awarding contracts.
GH Phipps works with an independent third party to maintain compliance with federal, state and municipal stormwater regulations. We have been a member of the Association of General Contractors (AGC) Colorado’s Stormwater Excellence Program for several years.
We also work in conjunction with third-party environmental consultants to conform to federal, state and municipal codes that govern working around regulated building materials. We have internal safety protocols to identify and safely control various environmental hazards.
For a general contractor who self-performs work, our track record for safety performance is excellent.
Our training program and our performance have been honored with awards, as well.
- 2018 ENR Mountain States General Contractor of the Year
- 2018 ENR Mountain States Top Contracting Firms by revenue, ranked #8
- 2018 AGC in the Community Award for 1-60-1952 Program
- 2018 AGC ACE award for Banner Health North Colorado Medical Center OR#15
- 2018 Bronze award for the University of Colorado Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE) Building.
- 2017 ENR National Top 20 Under 40 list, Project Superintendent
- 2017 ENR Mountain States Best Projects, Merit Award in the Higher Education / Research category, University of Denver Engineering and Computer Sciences Building
- 2017 Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM) Summit Awards Contractor of the Year Award
- 2017 Denver Business Journal Top Regional Contractors, ranked #11